For a break down of what taxes are and how they affect college students, Please refer to the Tax Guide for College Students.
How can I file my taxes?
- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
- For individuals with an income below $66,000, the IRS provides the option to utilize free and user-friendly Free File software; whereas, those with an income above $66,000 can access free file fillable forms.
Where can I find help with my taxes?
- Read information on tax reporting and 1098-T forms from Student Accounting.
- Stay updated on tax preparation events by monitoring the event calendar of the Student Money Management Center.
- Learn more about Federal Tax Benefits for Higher Education incentives that can help lower the cost of higher education.