- Estimate repayment amounts before you borrow.
- Make a budget without using loans as a resource. Borrow only what you need to cover remaining expenses. The less you have to borrow, the less you have to repay.
- Learn how to manage your loans as early as possible.
- Explore ways to pay off your loans faster.
- Avoid some common student loan mistakes.
How do I get started repaying my loans?
After You Graduate
What should I do if I'm having trouble paying?
- Refer to Student Aid's guide for what to do if you can't afford payments.
- Visit Student Loan Borrower Assistance for help.
- Consider switching repayment plans or consolidating your loans.
- Find out if you're eligible for loan forgiveness, cancellation, or discharge.
- Find out if you qualify for a deferment or forbearance.
Budget, Plan, & Pay
- Student Loan Repayment
- Repayment Head Start
- Repayment Options
- Loan Terms
- Find Lender and Servicer