What are taxes?
For a break down of what taxes are, and how they affect college students, see the Tax Guide for College Students.
How can I file my taxes?
- The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program - Offers free tax help to people who generally make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities, and limited English speaking taxpayers who need assistance in preparing their own tax returns. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified individuals.
- IRS Free File - Use free, easy to use file software if your income is below $66,000, or access free file fillable forms if your income is above $66,000.
Where can I find help with my taxes?
- Tax Reporting - Read information on tax reporting and 1098-T forms from Student Accounting.
- Student Money Management Center - Keep an eye out for tax preparation events on the Student Money Management Center event calendar.
- Federal Tax Benefits for Higher Education - Learn about tax incentives that can help lower the cost of higher education.