Every student, every year.
Students are required to apply every year using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. For summer financial aid, you will also need to complete a Summer Aid Interest Form. Refer to the "Additional Information" section on this page for specific financial aid information based on your status.
What you need to do
- Determine your eligibility to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Request a FSA ID, if needed.
- Gather important documents.
- Fill out the FAFSA online. UNT's school code is 003594.
- Wait for your Student Aid Report.
- Watch your mailbox for notification that we've received your FAFSA.
What we do
- Download FAFSA information once a week. Holidays and school closures may affect this.
- Notify you via letter that we've received your FAFSA.