To be eligible for a UNT Transfer Excellence Scholarship, a student must:
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 30 semester credit hours at a community college or an accredited university;
- Be admitted in a fall or spring semester to be considered for available funding; and,
- Be a full-time student taking a minimum of 12 UNT semester credit hours each fall and spring term
To be eligible for the AA/AS Completer bonus, a student must:
- Have an offer from UNT for one of the levels of the UNT Transfer Excellence Scholarship;
- Have a completed AA/AS from Collin College, Dallas College, North Central Texas College, or Tarrant County College;
- Be a direct transfer from the AA/AS awarding institution; and,
- Be a full-time student taking a minimum of 12 UNT semester credit hours.
- Eligible non-Texas residents and international students are also considered for UNT Transfer Excellence Scholarships.
- Non-residents of Texas and international students who receive a UNT Transfer Excellence Scholarship qualify for the in-state tuition rate for the duration of their award as long as they meet renewal requirements.
- Non-resident UNT Transfer Excellence Scholarship recipients living outside of Texas while taking UNT courses (typically online) are charged an Out-of-State Teaching Fee (OSTF) in lieu of tuition and instructional fees. This fee must cover the cost of instruction and is set annually by each academic department. Transfer Excellence Scholarship recipients paying OSTF do NOT qualify for in-state tuition rates.
- New undergraduate transfer students are automatically considered for Transfer Excellence Scholarships when admitted to UNT. Qualifying students will receive notification via their assigned EagleConnect email along with instructions for confirming receipt of their award.
- UNT Transfer Excellence Scholarships are competitive, merit awards and are subject to available funding. Priority consideration is given to the earliest applicants.
We encourage future students to complete the General Scholarship Application and explore all scholarships offered by UNT. We also recommend that students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to fully consider other financial aid possibilities.
UNT Transfer Excellence Scholarships offer two years of support toward completion of a bachelor's degree for students that meet the renewal requirements:
- Maintain continuous enrollment and take a minimum of 12 UNT semester credit hours each fall and spring;
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25; and,
- Successfully complete a minimum of 24 UNT semester credit hours each year.