This program is intended to provide assistance to new undergraduate students that transfer to UNT and take a minimum of six semester credit hours per term at UNT at Frisco (Hall Park, Inspire Park) or the Collin Higher Education Center (CHEC). The amount of this non-competitive award varies based on the number of semester credit hours taken at UNT at Frisco and/or the CHEC (see table).
This award may be renewed for one additional long term by students who meet continuing eligibility requirements. Renewal awards are based on the number of semester credit hours taken at UNT Frisco and/or the CHEC.
|Number of SCH at UNT at Frisco||Award level per term|
|Less than 6 SCH||No award|
|15 or more SCH||$1,250|
New undergraduate students transferring to UNT for the first time are automatically considered for this incentive program based on their completed UNT application and enrollment in classes offered at UNT at Frisco. Students who meet the eligibility requirements will be notified via email of their qualification and will receive additional instructions on how to accept the award.
Students receiving a UNT Transfer Excellence Scholarship are also eligible to receive a UNT at Frisco New Undergraduate Transfer Incentive award.
To be eligible for the incentive award, a student must:
- Be an undergraduate student transferring to UNT for the first time;
- Be admitted by January 7, 2021 for the Spring 2021 term;
- Have a 2.25 minimum overall cumulative GPA (includes all transfer work); and,
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 SCH at UNT at Frisco and/or the CHEC. Please note that the semester credit hours from online courses are not considered for this award. However, courses typically offered at UNT at Frisco in face-to-face or hybrid format that must be offered “remote” as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic qualify for award consideration.
To meet eligibility requirements, a student must:
- Maintain a 2.25 UNT GPA; and,
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 SCH at UNT Frisco and/or the CHEC
Awards associated with the UNT at Frisco New Undergraduate Transfer Incentive Program are subject to available funding with priority consideration given to the earliest applicants.
Transfer Excellence Scholarships are available to undergraduate students that have a demonstrated track record of academic success who are transferring to UNT for the first time from a community college or an accredited university. These two-year awards range from $1,500 to $4,000 per year based on transfer cumulative GPA. There is also a bonus available for eligible Associate degree completers!