UNT is pleased to offer Excellence Scholarships to entering first-time freshmen that have a demonstrated record of academic success. There are five award levels of Excellence Scholarships.
|Excellence Scholarship Award Level||Annual Award*||Duration||Total Award|
|President's Scholarship||$10,000/year||4 years||$40,000|
|Dean's Scholarship||$8,000/year||4 years||$32,000|
|North Texas Scholarship||$6,000/year||4 years||$24,000|
|Eagle Scholarship||$4,000/year||4 years||$16,000|
|Scrappy Scholarship||$1,000/year||4 years||$4,000|
The level of award is determined by consideration of a student’s class rank and performance on the SAT or ACT. Please note that specific class ranking or achievement on a standardized test does not guarantee receipt of an Excellence Scholarship or a specific award level. Students must meet UNT's minimum admission requirements to be considered for a UNT Excellence Scholarship.
The scholarship estimator can help you determine the level of Excellence scholarship you may be eligible to receive. The actual scholarship award level will be based on your official academic records used for admission to UNT.
UNT Excellence Scholarship Estimator
EligibilityTo be eligible for UNT Excellence Scholarship consideration, a student must be:
- A first-time freshman admitted to UNT for the fall term immediately following high school graduation.
- Admitted by March 1, 2019. Students are advised to apply no later than February 1st to allow adequate time for processing.,
- A full-time student taking a minimum of 12 UNT hours each fall and spring semester.
- Eligible non-Texas residents and international students are also considered for UNT Excellence Scholarships.
- Non-residents of Texas and international students who receive an Excellence Scholarship qualify for the in-state tuition rate for the fall, spring, and following summer terms.
- Non-resident Excellence Scholarship recipients living outside of Texas while taking UNT courses (typically online) are charged an Out-of-State Teaching Fee (OSTF) in lieu of tuition and instructional fees. This fee must cover the cost of instruction and is set by each academic department annually. Excellence Scholarship recipients paying OSTF do NOT qualify for in-state tuition rates.
- Students are automatically considered for UNT Excellence Scholarships when admitted to UNT. Qualifying students will receive notification via their assigned EagleConnect email along with additional instructions for confirming receipt of their award.
- Excellence Scholarships are competitive, merit awards and are subject to available funding. Priority consideration is given to the earliest applicants.
We encourage future students to complete the General Scholarship Application and explore all scholarships offered by UNT. We also recommend that students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to fully consider other financial aid possibilities.
UNT Excellence Scholarships offer four years of support toward a bachelor’s degree for students that meet the renewal requirements:
- Maintain continuous enrollment and take a minimum of 12 UNT hours each fall and spring;
- Maintain a minimum cumulative UNT GPA of 3.25; and
- Complete of a minimum of 24 UNT hours each year during the fall and spring.