Saving money is important! You can start saving money now for many things including summer school, a study-abroad program, a car, or even retirement!
Did you know brewing coffee at home can save you a lot of money? Skip the store-bought cup of coffee and save approximately $1,168. This is enough for a round trip flight for a study abroad program! Use the tools below to set your financial goals and calculate how much money a month you need to set aside to make your goals and adventures happen!
How can I save money?
Think of making both a short-term and a long-term budget. It is important to have a clear idea of your finances before college, during college, and after college. Always know how much money you have, how much you need for expenses, and how much you have left for savings, investments, vacations, or purchases.
The Student Money Management Center offers UNT students free one-on-one financial coaching sessions. Make an appointment today to create your personal financial plan and budget. Check out the tools and resources below to take control of your money.
- Calculate How Your Savings Can Grow
- Simple Savings Calculator - Use this calculator to estimate how much your savings can grow depending on your starting balance, monthly contribution, how many years you want to save, and more.
- Check Your Budget - Use this calculator to see how well your budget is working by comparing how much you're spending with how much you're earning.
- 10 Ways to Reach Your Savings Goals - Learn 10 tips to start and grow your savings account.
- 10 Great Tips for Saving
- Perks for UNT Students - Log in with your EUID and password to find discounts available in the Denton area if you have a UNT student ID.
- Student Discount Guide - Find more discounts you can access with your student ID.
- Free Credit Report - Request your free credit report.
- Tools and Calculators - Learn to plan for college, pay for college, find a job, and manage your money.
- Saving for Tomorrow, Tomorrow
- Saving Tips for College Students