Funding is limited, and completed applications are considered in the order received.
How to Apply
- Submit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA) completed and submitted in a non-rejected status as early as possible after October 1 annually.
- Check the College for All Texans website for deadlines, requirements, and the application.
- Submit your completed Educational Aide Exemption Application through our secure document uploader.
- Be a resident of Texas.
- Be registered for the Selective Service or be exempt from this requirement.
- Be employed in some capacity by a public school district in Texas during the full term for which you receive the award unless granted a hardship.
- Show financial need.
- Be previously employed by a public school district in Texas working full-time in a
classroom directly with the students in a teaching capacity as:
- An Educational Aide for at least one school year of the past five school years preceding the term or semester for which you are awarded an initial exemption, or
- A substitute teacher for 180 days of the past five school years preceding the term or semester for which the you are awarded an initial exemption.
- Meet academic requirements established by the college or university.
- Be enrolled in courses required for teacher certification in one or more areas that the Texas Education Agency has determined to be experiencing a critical shortage of teachers at public schools in Texas in accordance with Texas Administrative Code, 21.1083 (6).