As a result of additional cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our region of the state, UNT has moved to only essential personnel on campus. For up-to-date information and official notifications from the University of North Texas on COVID-19 and our response to it, please visit our UNT Health Alerts site.

During this time, Financial Aid & Scholarships will continue to provide services by phone, email and online chat, Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM.

How can I speak to someone about my financial aid?

To speak with someone regarding your financial aid, please contact us by:

Is someone available to answer questions about my scholarships?

Yes. Please call (940) 565-2302 or email our scholarship team.

Will external scholarship checks be processed?

Yes, our office is currently processing external scholarship checks. Checks should be mailed to UNT FAS, 1155 Union Circle #311370, Denton, Texas 76203.

How do I turn in financial aid paperwork?

During this time, please submit any required documents to us via fax at (940) 565-2738 or save a PDF and upload the documentation to the secured document upload portal. Please include your name and UNT assigned ID and be sure to redact any personal information such as your SSN, bank account information, etc.

Will my financial aid be impacted by a transition to online instruction?

At this time, UNT does not anticipate any changes to Spring 2020 financial aid eligibility for our students currently attending the Spring 2020 semester and remain enrolled until the end of the spring semester.

I am unable to afford the unexpected costs associated with traveling home and participating in classes remotely. What are my options?

Please contact our office to discuss your individual situation via email or by calling (940) 565-2302.

Am I still able to use my summer work-study award?

Yes, summer jobs are posted on Handshake. You must log in with your MyUNT credentials.

Who do I contact with questions about work-study?

For any questions not addressed here, please email your supervisor or email our office.

Will my financial aid be affected if I drop a class?

Aid will not be adjusted at this point in the semester if you drop a class. Dropping a class will count towards your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) and will count towards your drops allowed.

Will my financial aid be affected if I withdraw from all of my classes this semester?

Yes, our office will calculate how much aid you have earned based on your date of withdrawal. Financial aid funds may be returned to the U.S. Department of Education which could create a balance due on your account with the university that you would be responsible to pay.

Will Pass/No Pass affect my financial aid? If so, how?

Pass/No Pass may impact Satisfactory Academic Progress.

  • Example 1: GPA will not change for an undergraduate student whose GPA is below 2.0 and chooses P/NP for all of their courses. Because P/NP is not included in the GPA calculation, this student will not be meeting SAP even if they passed all of their courses.
  • Example 2: Since NP is not counted in earned hours, but is counted in attempted hours, a student may see a drop in Pace of Progression. Pace of Progression is measured by dividing the cumulative number of hours successfully completed by the cumulative number of hours attempted. For example, Pace of Progression would be calculated the same way for a student who has 3 Cs and an F and a student who has 3 Ps and 1 NP.

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will be reviewed at individual student level after grades post and Financial Aid and Scholarships completes the SAP process for spring 2020. Consult with the office of Financial Aid and Scholarships to determine if it will impact your future financial aid status. Learn more about Satisfactory Academic Progress.