If you fail to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements for financial aid, you may lose financial aid eligibility. You can appeal your SAP status for reinstatement of financial aid eligibility if you had mitigating circumstances, such as:
- Serious injury of yourself and/or your immediate family;
- Serious extended illness of yourself and/or your immediate family;
- Death of your relative.
If you have had mitigating circumstances, please take the following steps for reconsideration of your financial aid eligibility:
- Print and complete the appropriate appeal form below.
- Provide supporting documentation.
- Submit the appeal form and supporting documentation to our office. Appeals must be submitted by the midpoint of the semester.
- Allow 2-3 weeks for the appeal to be processed.
If your appeal is denied, please contact our office for information on alternative funding options.