This scholarship exempts the student from the payment of tuition only for one year (fall, spring, and summer). Selected recipients are responsible for paying fees.
How to Apply
The 2024-2025 Good Neighbor Program application is available. Current-year applicants will be notified after the Spring 2024 term of THECB selections.
Completed applications submitted by eligible applicants are reviewed, and a list is forwarded to THECB to determine the recipients. Recipient notification is received by FAS by the end of May annually, with award information forwarded to the student and posted on their student account at that time.
- Applicants must be a native-born citizen of an eligible country of the Western (American) Hemisphere other than the United States or Cuba, be residents of that eligible country, have that eligible country as a home residence, and intend to return to that eligible country to live immediately upon completion of their degree.
- Applicants must have resided in an eligible country in the Western (American) Hemisphere for a period of at least five years.
- Applicants must have a statement on file that indicates he/she is registered with the Selective Service System as required by federal law or is exempt from Selective Service registration under federal law.
- Applicants must be admitted to a UNT degree program, eligible to enroll at UNT, and must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements.
- This scholarship is a twelve-month award, and is limited only to Texas public colleges and universities.