- The Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan is a credit-based loan available to parents of undergraduate, dependent students and is not based on established financial need.
- The annual limit cannot exceed UNT Cost of Attendance minus the other financial aid you receive.
- Loan funds will not disburse until all requested documentation has been submitted and your aid application is considered to be complete.
- A note will be placed on your To Do List on MyUNT if additional steps are required before disbursement.
- Federal Regulations state financial aid must wait until 10 days before the start of each long semester to begin disbursing money to pay your account if your file is complete. Student Accounting will begin the refund process once funds have been released to your account.
- For summer, loan funds will be released in one disbursement on the 1st class day of the session in which you establish half-time attendance.
- In some circumstances, parent borrowers may be required to complete PLUS Credit Counseling.
- Federal student loans have many repayment options.
You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Monitor your MyUNT To Do List for updates and requirements. Once you are awarded, you must accept your loan awards via MyUNT.