The College Work-Study program allows students to work part-time in specified positions to earn up to $2500 per semester to help pay for educational expenses.
- Indicate your preference for College Work-Study on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Once you are awarded work-study by our office, go to the UNT Career Center to apply for available work-study jobs.
- Wages vary depending on position. Check specific job listings to see how much they offer.
- Students are paid at least the federal minimum wage.
- Must be reported as earnings on your income tax return.
- When completing the FAFSA for the following year, report your work-study earnings under the Additional Financial Information section. Work-study earnings are treated as financial aid rather than income when the Expected Family Contribution is calculated.
- Work-study jobs are partially funded by the state or federal government.