Below are a few tips to help you complete the General Scholarship Application.
- You must use the same EUID and password that you use to log into MyUNT.
- Students new to UNT must first activate their EUID based on the information provided by UNT Admissions.
- Contact the UNT Help Desk for help with your EUID and/or password.
Completing the General Application
The General Application is only 20 questions. You must answer all questions to be considered for scholarships.
Completing Additional Applications
Scholarships administered by colleges and departments on campus may require additional information. Additional applications may be presented upon submission of the General Application based on your major and/or other academic information. You should complete any additional applications presented to ensure you can be considered for all available scholarship opportunities.
For additional information and clarification on most questions, click the gray circles.
Applying to Scholarship Opportunities
Once the General Application is submitted (and additional applications if applicable), you are automatically matched to scholarships for which you meet the criteria. No other action is needed to be considered for these scholarships.
You will be also be presented with a list of recommended scholarship opportunities.
- These scholarships require additional information.
- You are encouraged to click on each scholarship opportunity to review the criteria.
- We encourage you to apply for all scholarships where you meet the additional requirements.
- Not all scholarships require letters of recommendation.
- If a recommendation is needed, you will be prompted to enter the individual’s full name and email address. It is an expectation that you respectfully request permission to use an individual as a reference prior to entering their contact information.
- Once the contact information is entered, an email is immediately sent to the individual with instructions for completing the recommendation.
- Please encourage a timely response from your reference. You will not be able to view the submitted recommendation, only that it has been received.
- Not all scholarships require an essay.
- If an essay is needed, you will be prompted with the essay subject and text area in which to enter your essay.
- We encourage you to use word processing tools to confirm that your essay is grammatically accurate (spelling and punctuation).
- You may preview the content of your essay to ensure that no unusual formatting occurs after you copy/paste from another program.
Imported UNT Information
Once your General Application is submitted, your UNT personal, contact, and academic information is imported from UNT’s Enterprise Information System. You cannot update the information on the application. If you have concerns about the information in the imported fields, you must contact the appropriate department below to make any necessary updates.