UNT Resources

Short-Term Loans

Short Term Loans are available at the Student Accounting and University Cashiering Office disbursementDisbursement is the release of loan funds to the school for delivery to the borrower. The payment will be made co-payable to the student and the school. Loan funds are first credited to the student's account for payment of tuition and fees. Any excess funds are then paid to the student in cash or by check for the purpose of paying for other educational expenses. counter on the first floor of the Eagle Student Services Center. Call 940-565-3225 for more information.

Installment Payments

Information concerning tuition and fee installment payments is available through the Student Accounting and University Cashiering Office, Eagle Student Services Center, Room 105, Denton, Texas 76203-5017.  The mailing address is 1155 Union Circle, #310620, Denton, Texas 76203-5017.  You may contact their office by calling 940-565-3225.

Note: Financial aidMoney provided to the student and the family to help them pay for the student's education. Major forms of financial aid include gift aid (grants and scholarships) and self help aid (loans and work). funds will be applied to your tuition and fee bill regardless of installment arrangements.

Hazlewood Act

A waiver application form for the Hazlewood Act for Texas Veterans can be obtained in the Student Accounting and University Cashiering Office, Eagle Student Services Center, first floor. You may contact their office by calling 940-565-3225.

Student Employment

The university maintains a student employment service to help you find part-time employment. Federal Work-StudyThe Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides undergraduate and graduate students with part-time employment during the school year. The federal government pays a portion of the student's salary, making it cheaper for departments and businesses to hire the student. For this reason, work-study students often find it easier to get a part-time job. Eligibility for FWS is based on need. Money earned from a FWS job is not counted as income for the prior year's need analysis process. Program job listings are posted in the Career Center located in the student services suite on the third floor of the University Union. You may contact their office by calling 940-565-2425.

Services for People with Disabilities

In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, people who need special assistance may visit the Office of Disability Accommodation located in Sage Hall Suite 167. You may contact their office by calling 940-565-4323. You may also seek information about financial assistance from the Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services (DARS). You may contact their office by calling 940-384-7901.  DARS is located at 3600 E. McKinney St., Ste. B Denton, TX 76209 If you require special assistance not covered by other assisting agencies, you may request that your financial aid file be re-evaluated to determine if your cost of education may be adjusted.

UNT Textbook Price Comparison

Financing your college education requires budgeting and careful planning for you and perhaps for your parents. Before purchasing your books, it is important to research your options. You can visit http://book.ly/unt to help with your financial planning.

The UNT Student Money Management Center provides free services and sessions on money management as well as temporary loans.  The center can help you manage your current financial situation, and prepare you to manage your money after graduation.