Special Programs and Study Abroad

Many students participate in special programs requiring enrollment at another institution while working toward a degree at UNT or choose study abroad to enrich their educational experience at UNT. Students eligible to receive financial aidMoney provided to the student and the family to help them pay for the student's education. Major forms of financial aid include gift aid (grants and scholarships) and self help aid (loans and work). may be able to use available financial aid to assist with the educational expense costs associated with special program enrollment or study abroad opportunities. 

  • If you have questions regarding special programs or study abroad and the financial aid process, please email specialprograms@unt.edu so a financial aid team member can assist you.
  • If you have questions about the types of study abroad programs that UNT offers, application materials, or general inquires please contact the Study Abroad Office at 940-565-2207, visit online,  or email studyabroad@unt.edu.
  • If you have not completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)The FAFSA is used to apply for Pell Grants and all other aid. Complete your FAFSA via web at www.fafsa.gov . As the name suggests, no fee is charged to file a FAFSA. Follow the directions carefully to ensure proper and efficient processing., financial aid eligibility cannot assist with these costs.  All students are encouraged to be aware of financial resources available to assist with educational related expenses.  To determine if you are eligible to complete the FAFSA, visit our website:  http://financialaid.unt.edu/finaidapply.