Federal Pell Grant

How to apply

Fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal Application.


Click here for deadlines and priority date information.


This need-basedFinancial aid that is need-based depends on your financial situation. Most government sources of financial aid are need-based. grantA grant is a type of financial aid based on financial need that the student does not have to repay. is awarded to undergraduates. The grant doesn't have to be repaid. However, if you withdraw from the university, never begin attending a class(es), or stop attending classes, you may be subject to the university's repayment policy.

 Exciting News!! Year-round Pell is now avaiable to eligible students for the 2017-2018 award yearThe academic year is defined as a set number of semesters as determined by the institution.!  This change to the Federal Pell GrantThe Pell grant is a federal grant that provides funds based on the student's financial need. program allows eligible students to receive a Pell Grant year-round for fall, spring and summer even if they received a full Pell grant during the fall and spring terms.
To be considered for additional Pell Grant funds, you must

  • Be eligible for Pell Grant as determined by the Department of Education;
  • Be enrolled in an eligible undergraduate program;
  • Be enrolled at least half-time for the term the additional Pell Grant is awarded.

NOTE:  All Pell Grant payments continue to count toward lifetime limits


The amount depends on the Expected Family ContributionThe Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is the amount of money that the family is expected to be able to contribute toward the student's education as determined by the Federal Methodology need analysis formula. The EFC includes the parent contribution and the student contribution, and depends on the student's dependency status, family size, number of family members in school, taxable and nontaxable income, and assets. The difference between the COA and the EFC is the student's financial need, and is used in determining the student's eligibility for need-based financial aid. If there are unusual financial circumstances, such as high medical expenses, loss of employment, or death of a parent, that may affect your ability to pay for your education, the student needs to tell their financial aid administrator (FAA). He or she can adjust the COA or EFC to compensate. (EFC) and the number of enrolled credit hours. The maximum EFC eligibility for 2018-2019 is 5328.  Actual award amounts are based upon enrollment and attendance. 

The amount of Federal Pell Grant you receive must be based on the number of hours in which you are enrolled and have begun attending as of the 12th class day of each term. Therefore, after initial disbursement of Pell Grant funds, subsequent changes may be made to the amount up to and after the 12th class day. Additional factors that may change a Pell Grant award are class attendance, withdrawals, academic progression, etc. 

For more information about the Pell Grant and your Enrollment, click here.


Based on established financial needThe difference between the COA and the EFC is the student's financial need - the gap between the cost of attending the school and the student's resources. The financial aid package is based on the amount of financial need. The process of determining a student's need is known as need analysis. to undergraduates only.Eligibility ends with first baccalaureate degree or a change to graduate status as determined by the Registrar's office.**

Continued Eligibility

Students must maintain at least half-timeDuring each term, 6-8 credit hours is considered half-time for undergraduate students. For graduate students, 5 hours is considered half-time. enrollment in most cases, continue to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress Requirements and continue to demonstrate financial need.

The amount of Federal Pell GrantThe Pell grant is a federal grant that provides funds based on the student's financial need. funds you may receive over your lifetime is limited by a new federal law to be the equivalent of six years of Pell Grant funding. Since the maximum amount of Pell Grant funding you can receive each year is equal to 100%, the six-year equivalent is 600%.

If your lifetime eligibility used (LEU) equals or exceeds 600%, you may no longer receive Pell Grant funding. Similarly, if your lifetime eligibility used (LEU) is greater than 500% but less than 600%, while you will be eligible for a Pell Grant for the next award yearThe academic year is defined as a set number of semesters as determined by the institution., you will not be able to receive a full scheduled award.

You can log on to National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS®) using your FSA ID and view your lifetime eligibility used. The LEU will be found on the Financial AidMoney provided to the student and the family to help them pay for the student's education. Major forms of financial aid include gift aid (grants and scholarships) and self help aid (loans and work). Review page.

To learn more about the Federal Pell Grant limits and how your eligibility is calculated please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/types/grants-scholarships/pell/calculate-eligibility


Money is applied to student account once each semester.


This is based on university repayment policy.