Glossary beginning with T

Teaching Assistantship

A form of financial aid awarded to graduate students to help support their education. Teaching assistantships usually provide the graduate student with a waiver of all or part of tuition, plus a small stipend for living expenses. As the name implies, a TA is required to perform teaching-related duties.

Title IV School Code

When a student fills out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, they need to supply the Title IV Code for each school to which they are applying. This code is a six-character identifier that begins with one of the following letters: O, G, B, or E. The Title IV code for UNT is 003594